la playaby Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 27th, 2009
I’m off to the beach today. What are YOU doing today?
Vena Cava blogs?by Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 27th, 2009
Now she does! Check it out. You can get the inside scoop on a designers life, what she likes, and what she doesn’t like.
Lily Chanelby Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 26th, 2009
Lily Allen = New face of Chanel.
Kai Kuhne Berlin Fashion Week 2010.by Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 24th, 2009
I know I have been M.I.A. since my last post! I have been super busy, but I wanted to keep you updated on what was going on with me up in New York.
This past June, I assisted stylist Avena Gallagher prepare a show for Berlin Fashion Week 2010. Some of the pieces had been previously used in seasons prior but freshly styled with Spring in mind. Anyway here are some of the shots from the show!
You can see the rest of the pictures here… http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/show.aspx/full-length-photos/id,7961
American Apparel Amazesby Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 22nd, 2009
I’m in love. So in love that I’m leaving my house RIGHT now to go by this. How cute is it going to look with a black bra under? Lovelyyyy
The Fashion Showby Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 22nd, 2009
I hardly ever watch television only because I feel that the only thing ever on is Daisy of Love or Charm School. However, as I was eating my Five Guys this afternoon, I turned on The Fashion Show and they were playing part 1 of the season finale. I automatically fell in love with Anna because the theme of her final collection was Bosch’s Garden Of Earthly Delights which is one of my favorite pieces of artwork. She pulled in different elements of the painting and inserted it into her collection. Here are some pictures of her collection.
This dress had a huge bow in the back. It was beautiful!
Thats her. You can read her bio here.
I was also really sad Rico got voted off. I really liked him and his collection. Anyway, now I can’t wait for the finale pt.2 to see if she wins!
The Sartorialist…..the book!by Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 22nd, 2009
The Sartorialist has come out with a book! He doesn’t say much about it except that he took all the photos. The books release date has been set to August 12th in the US and September for everywhere else. You can read his post on it here.
Blog Lovinby Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 21st, 2009
The other day someone asked me what that icon on the side that says “follow me on BlogLovin” meant. Well BlogLovin is this great website that lets you follow ALL of your favorite blogs. Let’s say you read Sea of Shoes, Fashion Toast AND In Between Seams but hate going to each one everyday to see if there is a new post. WELL, with BlogLovin you go to your home page and it shows you all the new posts of the Blogs you’ve chosen to follow. So check it out! It could save you a lot of time.
Links à la Modeby Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 21st, 2009
Make New Friends, But Keep the Old…
Edited by AsheMischief
Because fashion bloggers love both silver & gold!
Okay, that was a bit of a cheesy, childhood song for those Stateside, but I did notice one thing this week– fresh new faces and old familiar ones. From long time contributors like Mademoiselle Robot and The Musings of Ondo Lady, to new (-to-me) Our Ocean, Links á la Mode is an amazing way to meet new bloggers and discover new territories. Think of today as Make a New Friend Day on Links á la Mode…read new blogs for a fresh dose of inspiration and revisit your favorites to remember why you love them!
As always, we’ve got a delightful mash-up of posts, too… from how to score review samples to a thoughtful post on The Uniform Project and lots of great summer clothes and jewelry. Be sure to check out the forums too, as there are several great contests going on!
Links à la Mode : July 16th
- 39thandbroadway.com – NYC vs LA – The Fashion Week Debate
- Fabulous Finds Gal – Who doesn’t love a gorgeous pin-up? The pin-up poet’s gorgeous and creative new amazing book and insightful interview with the author.
- Fashion Dare – A Nautical Nod
- Fasshonaburu – Everyone has a list like this, places to go before you turn 50, a “bucket list” of things to do before you kick it, etc. Well, it sounds shallow and superficial (and by “sounds” I mean “is”), but I have a list of things I want to buy before I enter my nex
- HiFashion – The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Good Health
- Hong Kong Fashion Geek – Wide-leg pants and how to make them work for you
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Not Buying It: How has the recession affected your fashion blog?
- Mademoiselle Robot – A London Girl’s shopping guide to Stockholm.
- Meilily – Island Style Pick: Wood & Bead Bracelet
- Our Ocean – A colourful review of the clothes in An American in Paris.
- Retro Chick – Lulu Guinness Holiday Resort 2009 Collection
- Shop Diary – 2 days ago 1stdibs.com, the renowned antiques site, just launched a vintage couture, fashion and accessories designer section.
- The Capitol Fashionista – Modern Fashionista Travel with Vintage Luggage: What better way to add a little touch of class than packing it all up in vintage luggage.
- THE COVETED – Gorgeous New, More Affordable Denim from A|X and a 0 A|X Gift Card Giveaway
- The Fashion Planner – ShoeDazzle – Review of Kim Kardashian’s shoe club.
- the musings of ondo lady – Mention the word Biba and you can bet that any decent fashionista will go all starry eyed. This is because along with Mary Quant, Diane von Furstenberg and Twiggy, Biba is right up there as one of the iconic fashion brands of the 60s and 70s.
- The Recessionista – 2 days ago Essential Summer Style Tips–Tips for essential summer wardrobe staples: Tips from The Recessionista Blog and Jones’ New York Style Guru Lloyd Boston
- Think Thru Fashion – Agate Accessories: Find affordable ways to wear the trendy crystal.
- threadbared – How the Uniform Project highlights fashion’s one constant — the tension between individuality and standardization
- tickle – Fresh Catch! tickle grills the designers of Delirius, a line as flirty as NY girls
- Unfunded – All Eyes on%u2026Hayden Panettiere%u2026and Lace!
Got tips?by Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 21st, 2009
Got any tips? Want to see something on In Between Seams? Wore an outfit you absolutely love? Email us and we’d be more than happy to post it!
Eliatthebeach@aol.com or Moll216@hotmail.com
Summer Staplesby Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 21st, 2009
Earlier, I was writing to Eli about how I wanted to come up with a really funny collaboration so I could say…this is the best collaboration since _____ & _____. I couldn’t think of anything witty enough so I’m leaving it to you to fill in the blanks!
Previously, I had been writing my own blog at blogspot.com, so this is going to take some getting used to. This summer, I have been really into cutouts. These are both from pixiemarket.com and can transition easily from day to night on these hot summer days.
I can’t wait for Eli to join me in this magical city!! Day two of my bloomingdales.com shoot with stylist Avena Gallagher in the morning! More details tomorrow.
today today todayby Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 20th, 2009
Well today my mom had the day off so we decided to go to South Beach and shop/eat on Lincoln Road.
Today I wore my Harem pants from ASOS that finally came in, a pink tube top with no tag and my Chanel bag.
we ate some yummy food at World Resource Center
and i bought this cool ring :)
Back in action AND some exciting news!by Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 20th, 2009
Okay so I had an amazing time on my trip but am glad to be back cause that means I’m only closer to going to NYC. If you want to see some pictures of the trip you can look at them on Facebook and if you’re not my friend on Facebook well definitely add me! Along with me being back comes some good news…if you already are a fan of my blog you will now have DOUBLE the content to read because my best friend Mollie Maguire will now be writing for In Between Seams! She recently moved to New York City to pursue her fashion career and on top of all the interesting trends,styles, and outfits she finds in the city, she’ll also be telling you guys about all her internships/ and jobs she does. So stay tuned!
hey from haitiby Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 13th, 2009
Hey everyone! I’m currently in Haiti but we’re about to leave and tomorrow its off to Jamaica. Sorry I have no pictures or any posts on here… the internet on board costs and arm and a leg. Anyways, you should be hearing from me again soon.
bon voyage!by Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 11th, 2009
Stay tuned for updates(maybe)!
Everyone have a good weekend/week!
Vivienne Westwood likes jellyby Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 10th, 2009
Yeah I couldn’t resist. I’ve had my eye on these babies since they graced a Teen Vogue editorial and now they’re mine! Can’t wait till they come in!
ASOSucksby Elizabeth Jaime posted at July 10th, 2009
I specifically ordered a lace dress and a pair of harem pants for my trip TWO WEEKS AGO and they haven’t arrived. I leave tomorrow morning. FML and FYOUASOS.