Goodbye 2009: The year in picturesby Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 31st, 2009
2009, at first you were a little rough on me but you eased up and have made me a really happy girl! So thanks for the good times, but I’m over you and I’m ready for 2010.
I thought it would be cool to recap the year in pictures I have on my iPhoto..
January: New Years in Toronto and some frolicking on the hidden streets of Miami
February: Coconut Grove Art Festival
March: My birthday, some fun at Ultra Music Festival, and good times with friends…
April: Bahamas and Toronto!
May: Atlantis with the family..
June: Miami Beach hangout with the friendsies and some more time with friends..
July: Cruise time! and many many birthdays to celebrate….
October: Some more New York and then some San Diego..
November: Oh wait, New york again…
All in all, I’ve had fun but I’m ready for some new pictures and some new fun!
Everyone have a great new year!!
Off again..by Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 31st, 2009
You guys know me, can’t be home for too long. So thats why I’m off to New York City tomorrow to spend New Years there! Then on Friday I’m going to be taking a train to MONTREAL! I can’t wait to play in the snow….
I’ll keep you guys posted
PS- This picture was taken across the famous Magnolias Cupcake shop. I’m not sure what this park is named but I’ve officially changed the name to Cupcake Park. I mean, it makes sense, right?
Long dress, don't care.by Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 29th, 2009
I’d like to take a moment for all of us to notice, and appreciate, the Olsen twins love for long, floor sweeping dresses. I’ve always loved the elegance and beauty of a long gown And believe me, if I had an extravagant place to wear them to, I’d be rocking one every night of the week. Well, there was that one time I wore that long Cynthia Vincent dress for Prom….hmm.
Lookbook.nu inspirationby Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 29th, 2009
Merry Christmas!by Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 24th, 2009
Hi everyone! I hope everyone has been having fun on this holiday break! I’m finally back in Miami and am about to get ready for our Christmas Eve party! I’ll post some pictures in the coming days. Anyway, hope everyone has a lovely Christmas, gets pretty presents, and has a great time with their loved ones.
It's beginning to feel a lot like….by Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 22nd, 2009
….Christmas! How is everyone doing? I only have one more day left here on the west coast and then I head back to Miami (eeek!) Like I mentioned in my previous post, I spent my weekend all over Orange County relaxing, going to some holiday parties and having fun with my man! I hope everyones weekend AND monday was nice. Christmas is almost here….wahoo!
walking on a dreamby Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 19th, 2009
Well, I’ve made it to California! I’ve been having a lot of fun! Tomorrow I’m off to somewhere in Orange County to spend some time with a special someone :) Here are some pictures so far!
Sassy- cutest kitty ever!
[EDIT: I've just realized I have some ugly stamp on my picture. I guess Analogcolor is trying to get me to purchase the software....hmm...looks so ugly.]
It's a friday night!by Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 11th, 2009
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great week but I know you’re all ready for the weekend! Tonight, I am taking it easy as I’ve got lots of work to get done for Tuesday! Then Wednesday, I’m off to California! I cannot wait. Gonna be a really fun and interesting trip. I leave you with the song that has been keeping me company all night!
Enough of you, lets talk about me..by Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 9th, 2009
If any of you want to get me a gift or something..by Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 9th, 2009
Almost everyday I ask myself “I wonder what I was doing at this exact moment last year…” So I decided that I wanted to start a journal where I could write down my everyday activities. I’ve looked at different journals but haven’t really found anything that I wanted to purchase. Usually, it’s just a bunch of blank pages that I would probably end up doodling all over. However, while reading Pugly Pixels, I came across this little beauty. It’s a five year diary that has just a few lines per date ( this is perfect because I do not plan to write an essay for everyday!) Not only that but its a beautiful color and I love the gold writing. Plus, what better time to start writing my diary then the month I plan to move away from home after almost 20 years of the Miami heat? I think it will be really exciting to look back five years from now and be able to read exactly what I was doing. I may just purchase this puppy myself but just in case one of you wanted to get me a little something something for Christmas, get me this diary!
Really exciting news!by Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 7th, 2009
A few days ago I saw a post on Fashionista that Abigail Lorick was looking for interns. If you’ve read this site for a while now, you know I’m just a little bit obsessed with Lorick so I knew I had to e-mail her my resume and cover letter. She quickly e-mailed me back and scheduled a phone interview for today. It went really well and thankfully- I got the internship! I’m so excited. Abigail sounds like such a sweetheart and I’m so excited to be her intern! I start in January when I finally get to New York!
Become a fan!by Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 7th, 2009
Happy monday everyone! I am currently sitting in my jury duty pool (eek!) waiting to be picked (or hopefully not picked.) This week I’m going to be finishing all of the gift guides as well as doing some other interesting posts. Oh, and if you aren’t already…become a fan of In Between Seams on Facebook!
Illustration by Deanna Halsall
Gift Guide: For your wonderful girlfriend who always makes you smile.by Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 7th, 2009
Guys, stumped on what to get your sweet and lovely girlfriend for the holidays? Mollie has put together this gift guide! Once again, I’ve divided it into Etsy and Non-Etsy. Enjoy!
1. Vintage Pink Red Blouse from Katherineanne9- will look great with a high wasted skirt on just some jeans
2. Seam Series Bottle from Taylorceramics – Cute to put flowers in our just a simple decoration
3. White Paws Mittens by Saralagace- These are adorable. Pretty awesome if you don’t live in Miami!
4. Velvet Truffle Clutch from Eclu- This velvet clutch is amazing. The ruffles are made out of chopped ribbon!
2. Stella Mccartney bra and panty set
4. True Love Ring from Made by Eugene – so cute!
Gift Guide: For that guy in your life!by Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 4th, 2009
You know. He makes you smile. You love wearing his t-shirts and holding his hand never gets old. But wait, what do you get him for Christmas this year? Here are a few ideas I came up with. Hopefully one works for you!
1. The Knitted John Tie from Dolly Knits- I love this tie so much and it’s a great alternative to the regular tie. Great stocking stuffer since its so cheap!
2. Bag of Coal Soap from Basem Natural Scents- Has he been naughty or nice? Let him know with these awesome soaps made to look like a bag of coal!
3. Handmade Leather Journal from Moonbindery- To scribble down notes, draw a little something or write you a love letter.
4. Wool and Leather Laptop Sleeve from Byrdandbelle- Great for that macbook he’s always carrying around.
1. Duffle Bag from Fitson- since you know, he’s going to take you around the world this year. He needs something to put all his belongings in!
2. Sunglasses from Moscot- Because everyone has Ray Bans. Time for something new.
3. Bike from Linus Bike- Because he lives in the city and you know everyone needs a bike there, right?
4. Lovely Cashmere Sweater from J.Crew- Well, you love to hug him and you’d really like something soft on him when you hug him.
Stay tuned for gift guides mom and dad edition!
Gift Guide: For that friend you never know what to get.by Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 4th, 2009
You know your best friend who is so difficult to buy a present for? Well, I sure hope one of these may help! I’ve decided to divide each gift guide into two different sections- an Etsy edition (gifts all from an Etsy shop) and a non Etsy edition.
1. Two Layer Center Ring from Nervoussystem – cute every day ring that looks a lot like coral!
2. M is for Magazine from Paper Doll Wood-shop- a great little magazine holder for your Vogue loving friend.
3. Elizabeth Hand Beaded Gold and Cream Flower Necklace from Quirkybeauty- a little bit more expensive but so lovely.
4. Cream Chunky Hat from Ileaiye- my favorite of the bunch. It’s hand knitted and looks amazing. I want one.
1. Sweet Nothings by In God We Trust- these cute little necklaces come with five different sayings!
2. Holgawood Camera from Urban Outfitters- For your friend who loves to document every second of your lives…
3. A Year In Fashion by Pascal Morche – I’ve actually sat down and Barnes and Nobles and looked through this whole book. Its awesome.
4. Charleston Headband by Old Soul New Heart – This headband will look great on your friends little head. If you don’t like this one there are many to choose from!
5. The Sartorialist by Scott Schuman- For your fashionista friend who spend hours on the website! She can now spend another few hours turning the pages of his book!
Stay tuned for the lovers edition next (aka-boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, and wives)
It's the most wonderful time of the year!by Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 4th, 2009
Ah, it’s the holiday season again! Christmas trees are going up. The malls are draped in everything red and shiny and oh no, you just realized you have to buy presents. Have no fear, Elizabeth is here to help you find something unique, creative, and fashionable for everyone one of your loves. Over the next few days i’ll be doing gift guides with a couple of great ideas for the mothers, the fathers, the lovers, and the friends. Stay tuned!
Christmas listby Elizabeth Jaime posted at December 4th, 2009
Here are just a few key pieces I would love to have in my closet this winter.