Eggnog French Toast
6 slices bread (I used Pepperidge Farm Oatmeal Bread)
1-1/2 cups prepared eggnog
4 tbs. butter
1 c. Heavy Cream
3 tbs. Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp. Peppermint Extract
Dark Amber Maple Syrup
1. Whip cream with sugar and peppermint extract until stiff peaks form. Set aside in fridge to keep cool.
2. Beat two whole eggs into prepared eggnog. Eggnog is made with yolks only, so the addition of the egg whites brings something different to the table.
3. Arrange bread in a shallow baking dish. Pour eggnog mixture evenly over the bread. Flip the bread around in different directions until all of the pieces are thoroughly soaked.
4. In a large non-stick skillet, melt 2 tbs. butter over medium-high heat. Place two pieces of bread in the skillet, and cook both sides until they are a dark golden brown (but not quite blackened). Be careful when removing bread from the baking dish, as they will be very soft and fragile.
5. Remove cooked french toast to a dish and cover with tin foil to retain heat.
6. Add 1 tbs. butter to the hot skillet, and cook the next two pieces of french toast. Repeat for the final two pieces.
7. Place 2-3 pieces of eggnog french toast on your plate, drizzle with maple syrup, and top with the peppermint whipped cream.
**Note: It’s worth spending a little extra money on good quality maple syrup.