I’ve been wanting to share this recipe with you guys for quite some time. Just because we make it here at least once a week and we crave it every other day. Trust me on this one, you need to make this and try it, because you’ll absolutely love it. Nicholas is the one who makes this pasta around here and I believe its recipe was passed down to him by his mother who makes it as well.
1. Half of a white or yellow onion
2. Red tomato sauce (we like to use Pomi)
3. Pasta of your choice (we prefer this recipe with long pasta)
4. Olive oil (lots of it)
Instructions for the sauce (I imagine you guys know how to make pasta!):
1. Take a good amount of olive oil (a little more than you would normally use) and put it in a sauce pan.
2. Chop half onion to three or four large cubes and fry them in medium/high heat in the olive oil until they’re a dark brown (this step is crucial–without the browning of the onion you would loose a lot of flavor)
3. Once the onion is browned, add the tomato sauce. Add a good amount of salt and pepper. Stir, lower the heat, and simmer for about ten to fifteen minutes. Allow to cool before mixing thuroughly with the pasta.
4. Serve with a good amount of Parmesan cheese (don’t be shy here!)
And there you have it! It’s so simple but I don’t know, something about the onion and all of the other stuff makes this pasta so irresistible. Please try it out and let me know what you think!