Mulberry for Target: I rejoice.by Elizabeth Jaime posted at June 14th, 2010
I love when Target collaborates with designers (who doesn’t?) I’m especially happy to hear that Mulberry will be partnering with Target to make an 8 piece collection. I’m assuming they won’t be exact copies of their most popular bags (like the Alexa pictured above) but I’m excited to see what they come up with. You can expect the collection to hit stores in October — until then, I’m going to dream about those Cynthia Vincent for Target wedges I never got in my hands. Sigh.
IDA FILIPPA: P.Y.Tby Elizabeth Jaime posted at October 1st, 2009
This week I bring you Ida Filippa! She’s young, shes’s beautiful, and wow- does she have style. When I first heard about her blog Buy The Way By The Girl, through Sea Of Shoe’s mommy, Atlantis Home, I couldn’t get over the fact that at age 14, she already had the ability to influence girls all over the world with her incredible style and beauty. I got the chance to interview her and am happy to share it with you! I’m sure you’ll fall in love with her automatically!
1. I’m pretty sure that at age 14, I was still rocking Abercrombie & Fitch (eeek) and Vans sneakers, how have you been able to evolve into having such great style at such a young age? Do you thank style icons for this, family members? Mostly thanks to my family who lets me be who I am. They do not judge me through my clothes and they let me be creative and discover new things. But some of the thanks should go to my style icons ofcurse! I am very inspired by Erin Wasson and the writer behind Cocorosa (http://mypreciousconfessions.blogspot.com/) they are so unique yet based on the latest fashion.
2. I love your quote on your blog, “Think out of the box, that’s how you get out of the box.” Where did you get this from? I made it up myself (I’m serious!) because I wanted to change the ‘Remember that style never goes out of fashion’ out. It’s not all about fashion but getting people to know you via your clothing. What you think mirrors in your clothing.
3. When and how did you start your blog? How have you been able to attract so many readers? I started my blog the 1st of July 2009. In the beginning I had about twelve readers but I grew fast because I got featured in two of my favorite blogs (www.atlantishome.typepad.com - written by Judy Aldridge and www.stylehurricane.blogspot.com - written by Anni Jürgenson), don’t ask me how! I guess I was lucky with the others, and the fact that I had a little breakthrough. I am forever thankful to Judy and Anni for featuring me and helping me becoming big.
4. Your pictures on your blog are great- who takes them? Thank you so much! I use a Canon EOS 400D which fits my needs quite good. My family and friends. Just who is near me. Sometimes I put my camera on a stick and put it on timer, works quite good and you can pose without anyone laughing or anything. Not that my family and friends laugh about it, but it’s easier to pose alone.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why? Washington D.C. with my best friends, who live there already. If not possible I would pick New York or Malmo, Goteborg or Stockholm (Sweden). Some place big, crowded, noicy and ofcurse with great shopping and job opportunities.
6. Obviously you already have a great start in the fashion world, what would you like to do as a career when you’re older? I would love to become an fashion journalist in my ‘early years’, but when I wanna settle I would like to be in the news or something. One year ago I wanted to be an lawyer but realized that I had to study for seven years. Three or four years ago I wanted to become a pet doctor, but when my dogs nail fell of I cried so much – obviously not my thing.
7. What has been your greatest/most amazing purchase you’ve ever made? That MUST be my Mulberry Bayswater bag. The bag will probably last for 30 years and because it is so timeless I can keep using it. It did cost me about $1000, but worth every single penny.
8. I have to ask what mascara you use because your eyelashes are always looking flawless! Thank you, I have been searching for ages to find the right one but now I found it! I use Lancôme Définicils because the mascara liquid inside it is perfect! To finish my eyelashes I use Maybelline Volum’ Express Lift-Up, it always make my lashes a little bit more natural.
9. If you could have ANY pair of shoes right now, which would they be? A pair of grey Yves Saint Laurent slingback tributes, Acne Atacoma or a pair of Givenchy heels.
10. Who is your favorite designer and why? Erin Wasson and the people behind Burberry Prorsum and Givenchy. I can not afford those brands, but I can always get inspired.
And there you have it! Make sure to visit her blog and definitely remember this name. I promise you she will be well known in the fashion world one day!